I am sure that at some point most college kids who have moved away from home feel like they are missing out on the things happening at home. I am no exception. I think that for me that is one of the hardest things. I feel like there are so many things that I am missing out on while I am away. Well now that I am home I feel like I have been completely caught up on things again. I have got to spend some good quality time with my family! I have got to catch up with some good friends, and many other things.
Lets get a recap on the break so far.
It was so nice to have the whole family back together. Cortnee and I slept on the floor in Trever's room while Trever slept in his bed. This has been a tradition that us kids have made up, and have been doing for as long as I can remember. We had a great time, had story time, some good laughs and just got to have a good chat. It was just a lot of fun for us kids to spend time together!
Then we went to church and had a great Sacrament meet. The young men and young women put on a great program. We came home and opened presents!! We all got spoiled this year!! I would list what I got, but that is not really what I want to focus on. We had a nice dinner, which was prime rib, potatoes and just really yummy food! Then the rest of the day we hung out and did whatever we felt like.
The week after Christmas I helped my dad at the store and drove the fork lift around! (another cool thing that is added to my resume of tractors and machines that I have got to drive) I also helped my mom clean a couple houses. I did some things with Cortnee. Somehow thins always ends up with us at Walmart, don't know why but apparently Cortee Bair and I have always end up there!!
Did I mention that Trever has a girlfriend? Well he does, and her name is Kara, and I absolutely LOVE her. I have not known her that long but I feel like I have known her forever! She is such a sweat heart, lots of fun, and pretty much just awesome! I have got to spend time with Trever and Kara! We just hang out and the other night my whole family and Kara were sitting in the living room just laughing because of really stupid stuff, but it was a great time!
I got to see my "other families" as well and it was so nice!
I got to see the Cowdrey's. It is so nice to walk in the door and have a cute little boy named Cash run up to you and jump up to you so he can give you a big hug! And then little Max tell you "I love you" in his cute little voice! Then Kathi is there to just sit there and talk, wants to know all the details and is so into everything I do. I love that she cares so much for me! Then there is Kasia, I mean Kasia and I can sit and have a short conversation and say much at all. Then we come out of that conversation feeling like we just had a great talk, but anyone else would say that was such a stupid conversation. Kasia is a great friend of mine and it is always good to see her. And Tracy, he is a great guy and I always like it when he gives me a hug! He is also pretty funny and I am glad I got to see him!
I also got to see the Studers! I have known them since I was born and I love them tons too! I got to see Maddi and she is just like my little sister. We watched Mr. Popper's Penguins together! It is always fun to hang out with Maddi! I also got to see Jenice! It made me really happy. I walked in and got a huge hug from her. It was one of those hugs that just felt really good and you don't want to end! I also saw Ben and i don't know what he was doing but he was telling Kiera something and it looked cool! Kiera was there too and I got to chat with her for a bit. She makes me laugh! I also saw Marty and had a good chat with him about college and volleyball. There was only one person that was missing, the person I have been friends with for my whole life minus 2 months and 1 day (only because I was born first) I didn't get to see Maren! It would have been nice but I know we will find some time to catch up, when we are both home at the same time!
Now on to New Years.
I brought in the new year with Cortnee. We played Wii! Mario cart, just dance 3 and lots of it as well as watching NCIS. She claims I fell asleep but that is a complete LIE!!!! Anyway I had a great time with my little sister!
Now on to what is left of my break!
Tomorrow I go and see what is wrong with my leg, we think it is shin splints. Hopefully we can get it fixed. Then after that I am going to talk to someone about a summer job. I hope it works out! Then I get a massage (a Christmas gift) and then after that I get to go bowling with a great friend of mine Kenzie Stiff!!
On Wednesday night Cortnee, Kara and I are going to have a girls night. It is going to be a lot of fun! I can't wait!!
I am not completely sure what will happen the rest of this week but I know that I will enjoy it, and when the time comes to leave, I know it will be hard but at least I know that it will not be too long until I get to come back home!
I love my family and friends sooo much!!! I know that they have helped me become who I am today. They have helped to shape my life into the great thing it is today and I just want to tell you all how grateful I am for everything you have done, do, and will do for me! I love you all!!!