Tuesday, November 6, 2012

The End

Well this last weekend was Regionals for volleyball. Keep in mind this tournament is single elimination. We played Snow College in the first round. We lost in 3. It was hard. I can't say it was the best game of my life, but I can say that I played my hardest! These are two very different things. It is hard to know that giving it your all was not enough to make it to the next round. Talking with some of my teammates afterwards did bring out some great things about this year though and that is what I want to focus on. I have had so much fun with my teammates on and off the court. They really have become my family while I am here at college. We have had many laughs, venting sessions, and talks about the future. It is sad in some ways that I am a sophomore because I think it would be really fun to spend another year with these girls. But on the flip side of things I think 2 years in Price Utah is enough for me! Next year there is a possibility of 8 players coming back, I was talking to one of the other sophomores about how cool that would have been for us this year. But she than brought up the fact that then we wouldn't have met the freshman on our team this year. I thought about this for a moment and decided I would much rather have the freshman this year than 8 returning players. The team I have this year is a pretty special one, that is for sure. Another good thing about this last weekend was my mom was able to watch me play my last volleyball match as a USU Eastern Golden Eagle. I am so glad she made the trip to Twin Falls. It was nice to have some one there that would just listen and hold me while I tried to deal with all the emotions that happened after we lost. It really was a good thing she was there. I am also glad that I could talk to my dad on the phone and have him tell me that as long as you played your hardest there is nothing to worry about. I have no idea how but my dad some how always knows what to say when it comes to sports! Both my parents have told me that no matter what the outcome in sports, school, and pretty much life in general they are always proud of me. I am so thankful to have such great parents, and a pretty awesome "family" here in Price!